Treatments to physical ailments provided by chiropractors are popular alternatives to conventional ways of addressing such conditions. These approaches are getting more and more attention for, aside from their effectiveness, they are done in a ‘more natural way’ and with the help of effective instruments.
One of the most popular tools used in chiropractic treatments is VibraCussor – an instrument that is designed to address conditions in muscles, ligament, and related myofascial conditions such as scar tissue/ muscle adhesions.
How does vibracussor work?
According to an article published on Kinetic Spine & Sports, a website that provides chiropractic treatments information and services (its doctor has a clinic located in Weddington, NC ), this “instrument delivers waves of percussive impulses deep into the tissues of the body and is very effective in releasing these various soft tissue conditions, increasing circulation and lymphatic flow”.
Common conditions treated with VibraCussor
- ‘Frozen’ shoulder – this is the stiffness and pain in shoulder, which symptoms usually begin gradually and get worse over time. This condition is also known as ‘adhesive capsulitis.
- Joint fixations – if a person experiences a change in the normal motion of a join in his/her spine or limbs, he / she, most likely, is having this condition.
- Myofascial restrictions – is caused by damaged fascia, a layer of fibrous tissue that has thickened and become sticky, causing the muscles to become restricted from free movement.
- Postural distortions – when the structural alignment of your body becomes distorted or misaligned; lumbo-pelvic-hip, lower and upper-extremity postural distortions are some example of this condition.
- TMJ problems – usually occur when there’s a problem in jaw muscles that is caused by some factors like the presence of osteoarthritis in the TMJ, stress, dislocation of the soft tissue, or even whiplash.
- Trigger points – Trigger points – according to the American Family Physician website, these are discrete, focal, hyperirritable spots located in a taut band of skeletal muscles,” which produce pain. Some symptoms might include tension headache, tinnitus, and temporomandibular joint pain.
There are two techniques that are used to address common physical ailments particulary physical injuries and these are the Active Release Technique and Kinesio Taping – both applied usually by chiropractors to their patients. But what really are the benefits of these two techniques? Let us tackle them one by one.
Active Release Technique - considered to be non-evasive, very safe, and has no side effect; it is a soft tissue system /technique that addresses problems in muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and nerves. Here are some of the benefits it brings:
- Increase flexibility – a patient who undergoes ART will have muscles that are more flexible, easy to stretch
- Increased muscle quantity – this helps a patient gets higher quality muscles, which is necessary to perform better and endure longer with less pain.
- Less injury – because of an increased muscle quantity and quality, it becomes more flexible and, naturally, helps prevent injuries from physical activities.
- Can cure various soft tissue conditions – tennis and golfers elbow, back and shoulder pain, whiplash, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, shin splints; can also be effective where adhesions have affected nerves such as in carpal tunnel syndrome.
Kinesio Taping Technique - this is applied on muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, and to relax overused muscles; it is a product designed to mimic human skin, which helps push injured muscles into proper position for movement; kinesio tape is a popular item utilized by athletes worldwide. It can be used in the following conditions:
- Ankle sprains – usually happen when you make rapid shifting movements
- Knee conditions
- Shoulder injuries – which is common in sports
- Whiplash – usually acquired in auto accident as well as in sports
- plantar fasciitis – an inflammation of the think tissue found on the bottom of the foot
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – a medical condition that causes paresthesia, pain, numbness, and other symptomsLower back and neck pain
- Tennis elbow – its medical term is lateral epicondylitis; causes recurring pain on the outside of the upper forearm, below the bend elbow.
- Patella tracking problems – commonly known as kneecap injury problem
- Pre and post surgical edema
The above two techniques have been proven to be very effective for various physical ailments, such as those injuries acquired from sports/game accident.
Note: For Kinesio taping, the tape can be applied to skin immediately after swelling has occurred; icing should be done over the tape you sticked.
There are more and more people who go to chiropractors to seek treatment for various ailments. The reason is not just because they are proven effective but because they are more natural compared to conventional medical treatment.
The following are some techniques by chiropractors:
- Active Release Technique - considered as one of the safest techniques in addressing problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, and nerves. It is recognized as non-invasive, has virtually no side effects, and has proven effective results against soft-tissue problems. With this technique, a chiropractor usually incorporates specific exercises and gives postural recommendations for patients. He will also explain injury mechanism so that patient can avoid it in the future.
- Graston Technique - another effective approach popular for chiropractic treatment; just like the ART, this is also used for the diagnosis and treatment of soft-tissue injuries. This technique is particularly designed to detect and address/reduce pain and restore function.
- Flexion-Distraction - chiropractors employ this gentle, non-force adjusting procedure that works with body’s natural capacity to heal itself, specifically for proper healing of disc and joint related injuries.
- Laser Therapy - another popular chiropractic approach that is non-surgical and is proven effective to eliminate or substantially reduce pain. Usually, the patient just needs to undergo five to ten treatment sessions (every session just takes a few minutes) to realize life-changing results.
- Kinesiotape - this technique is employed to support and stabilize joints and muscles for both athletic conditions and problems that arise in our daily life. The tape used has unique properties that help activate the neurological and circulatory systems and promote appropriate venous and lymphatic flow.
- Orthotics - others call it insoles, or shoe inserts, which include techniques that are meant to correct foot posture and abnormal or irregular walking patterns. Contrary to common conception, orthotics are not only designed for foot posture but the entire body. Orthotics can help patients to have better foundation or flatform so that his body can work with less pain.
- The Pineapple Fitness Whole Body Vibration (WBV) System - this technique works by stimulating the natural flex reflex in muscles (the idea is to use the muscles to continually contract and relax). With this technique, the chiropractor employs various postures and positions on a whole body vibration machine. This technique has also positive effective on bone density.
There are more alternative options you can have from chiropractors – more than what have been mentioned above. So find ways to visit a local chiropractor in your area to learn more about the services he offers.
As you might already know, chiropractic treatment is becoming more and more popular today. In fact, in the United States alone, it ranks 3rd on the list of the most sought-after services – just behind the medical doctors’ and dentists’ services. The main reason is that this sector provides healthy alternative treatments for various ailments, including back pain.
But how do chiropractors treat address pains? What are their approaches? Some of their techniques are presented below:
Sympathetic laser simulation – this approach helps identify the root cause of the problem; Chiropractors believe that 80% of painful conditions are controlled by neurologic reflexes in the spinal cord. With the help of this strategy, pain reflexes can be reset.
Addressing six specific interferences – Chiropractors help patients by addressing six specific interferences that can cause pain and dysfunction in the body. Among these, structural interference, according to chiropractors, is involved in approximately 80% of painful conditions. As opposed to medical doctors’ approaches, Chiropractors do not numb the effect of the pain with narcotics and other conventional medications.
Examines other causes – aside from structural interferences, chiropractors also make thorough examinations to determine if there are other causes of pains. For example, a patient’s past injury can also be a cause of an ongoing pain. They also look check if the patient has nutrient deficiencies, food allergy, toxicities, and emotional stressors – issues often neglected by medical practitioners.
Chiropractors’ implement non-toxic, gentle approach – one clear disadvantage of conventional medications for back pains is the side effect – chiropractors recognize this constraint and work to make their own approach more natural, eliminating common side effects, which can potentially cause more trouble in the future.
Tips in choosing a chiropractor
As I have mentioned above, chiropractic alternative treatment services have become more and more popular today. Because there are lots of chiropractors around, it is important that you are able to choose the best in town. To do that, you need to consider these important tips:
Review – doing prior reviews can be a great help to determine if your prospective chiropractor is worth it. Reading what other people are telling about him – both online and offline – can give you useful idea on its capacity to provide good quality services.
Examining the reputation – try to check his background to scale the level of his reputation. With this, you might want to ask the following questions – has he received awards in the past for his services? How about complaints – has he received any? If he has received many complaints in the past, then you have a substantial reason to think twice before you avail for his services.
Chiropractors provide an alternative, safe treatment for patients who are suffering from muscoloskeletal system problems or conditions affecting the locomotor system of our body.
According to statistical figures released by International Chiropractors Association, there are about 60,000 chiropractic care providers (1 per 2875 citizens) who are in active practice in the United States today, the second-largest primary health care profession in the country. And these figures is seen to continue to grow in several years to come.
Why chiropractic industry continues to thrive?
The question that you might have in mind right now is: what’s the secret why this industry continues to thrive? Well, the answer is quite simple: because there are a lot of people patronizing chiropractic services as they are considered a good alternative to conventional medical treatment.
So, why many people consider chiropractors a good alternative? The following are some compelling reasons why…
- The approach is holistic - the chiropractic approach to health is holistic; it does not only provide help for those people who are suffering from chronic neck or back pain but it also helps people achieve healthier lifestyle through health education. When you visit a chiropractic clinic, you can expect that you receive not only treatment for pain or injuries but valuable health coaching as well (e.g. healthy foods to eat, the best exercise and nutrition for your unique condition, self- discipline, etc.)
- Inexpensive – because the treatment is natural, it can be a lot cheaper compared to the usual treatment you get from a medical doctor. There is no need to buy prescribed medicines and / or to undergo laboratory operation to address your medical needs.
- Treatments are natural - another reason why many people go for chiropractic treatment is the fact that it is natural. In other words, patients who seek this alternative approach to treating health conditions can avoid the side effect of medicines, which is especially common in conventional treatment.
- Effective in many diseases and conditions – while chiropractors are widely popular for their effective management techniques for chronic neck and back pain, they actually provide help more than that. Aside from neck and back pains, they also help many other medical issues such as Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Migraine and Tension Headaches, High blood pressure, Sleep disorders, Repetitive Stress Disorders, Stress and Tension Disorder, Fibromyalgia, Bursitis, Arthritis, Chronic Injuries – among other conditions.
Treatment by a chiropractor is one of the most popular alternatives to address physical injuries or illnesses today. In fact, it is regarded by many in treating auto accident injuries and neck and back pains. In the US alone it is estimated that chiropractors treat 30 million patients each year and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years since more and more people are seeking healthier alternative treatments.
But when should you consider visiting a chiropractor for pain treatment? The following are some factors you can consider:
- When the pain is recurring – regardless of the cause of the pain you are experiencing, it can be a great help to visit a chiropractor when the pain exists over and over again. For instance, if you were involved in an auto accident before and the pain is still there until now, making you suffer from time to time despite the medical procedure you underwent, it makes sense to seek an alternative treatment. Recurring pain should be carefully checked as there could be an underlying problem that causes the pain. Chiropractors do not only consider the injury that is visible to our naked eye, they usually go down to the root cause and provide the necessary treatment for it, so that the pain will totally go away and does not return.
- When the pain is musculoskeletal in nature – chiropractors are focused on ailments that are musculoskeletal (also known as locomotor) in nature or those that affect the muscles, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, joints, and other connective tissues. If the pain does not directly involve the body parts mentioned, it is better to ask your primary care physician before going to a chiropractic alternative.
- When the neck or back pain is sports-injury related – as you might have known, some famous sports personalities and athletes like Lance Armstrong use the service of chiropractors. In fact, they bring them with them during their sports engagement. The reason is that chiropractors also specialize in addressing sports-related injuries. So, if you are into sports or has been suffering from sports-related pains, you might want to consider visiting a chiropractor for a healthy alternative treatment.
- When you want to improve your holistic health – an auto accident injury or back and neck pain treatment can be more effective when you consider improving your holistic health. In other words, aside from undergoing treatment, you should also consider addressing your personal nutritional issue – parallel to ailment treatment. This is what is best with chiropractic approach – they also address their patients’ health by providing healthy diet, nutritional program. If you want to learn more about taking care of your holistic health, then it is time to visit a chiropractor.
An article contributed by Solisa Maestri – a person who is passionate in writing and sharing health-related topics. For more health info, visit Chiropractor Santa Clara, and Chiropractor Wesley Chapel CA.
One could experience different types of physical injury once in a while. Perhaps most of them do not need taking to a health professional or medical doctor for medication but there are also those that need your serious attention as it could lead to severe conditions.
Of different types of injuries, sport injury and auto accident injury are among the most common. And each type has its own injury classification – consider the following:
Sport injuries can be…
- Joint dislocations – a type of injury where bones in a joint are displaced or misaligned, which is usually caused by a sudden impact to the joint.
- Concussions - this is another type of injury common in sports; this is a type of traumatic brain injury that is often caused by a blow to the head or body, a fall, or any other circumstances that shake the brain.
- On-the-field injuries – those that are obtained while in the game; injuries from accident while playing
- Sprains and strains – sprain is a type of injury caused by a stretch and/or tear of a ligament, the fibrous band of connective tissue that connects the end of one bone with another. On the other hand, strain is another common sport injury that is caused by muscle and/or tendon damage.
Common auto accident injuries…
- Middle and lower back pain – another type injury that can be obtained in auto accident, most especially when a sudden external force hit your car.
- Whiplash – this is common in auto accident; a type of injury that one can get when hit from behind and suddenly and forcefully projects your head or neck forward and then back.
- Joint injury – a type of physical injury that is common not only in auto accident but in sports as well; this is all about injury to any joint in the body, which could involve damage to the bones, ligaments, or other tissues.
You might think that the causes of these two types of injury are in ‘polar differences’ but they actually have a big similarity as well, particularly when it comes to their treatment. While both types can be addressed by a medical practitioner who performs medical procedures, both can also be managed by a chiropractor, which is considered a good alternative because they have sports injury treatment as well as auto-accident injury treatment programs that could address all these issue. And these programs are carried out using natural method – a healthy alternative, indeed.
Solisa writes and shares and array of health-related topics, including chiropractor, for more details about these topics, visit: auto-accident injury treatment San Jose/Santa Clara CA and sports injury treatment, Wesley Chapel, NC.